Toenail fungus (onychomycosis) is an infection of your toenails. It’s caused by several common types of fungi that are everywhere in our environment. Like any other infection, it’s always possible to be re-infected, which is why it’s important to follow all of the protocols and instructions set up by your doctor for the best long-term results. The Pinpointe Foot Laser offers the safest and most effective treatment for your fungal infection.Nail infection can cause permanent deformity of the nail, which can interfere with your being able to wear shoes, walking, sports, and other activities.
What are the signs and symptoms of nail fungus?
- Yellow streaks in the skin under the nail, or nail bed, and on the underside of the nail.
- Buildup of bits and pieces of skin and nail fragments under the nail.
- Discolored and thickened nail that may separate from the skin under the nail.
- Brittle, broken, and thickened nails.
- White spots or streaks on the nail surface.
- Soft and powdery nail surface, which appear as the infection worsens.
- Damaged, crumbly, and brown or gray nail surface, with no separation of the nail from the underlying skin.
Here are a few before and after photos after receiving a series of treatments.